Updated Tuesday March 24, 2020
*New items are bolded
Cancellations & Closures
SCDNR continues to monitor COVID-19. In accordance with directives issued by Gov. Henry McMaster, the Department of Health and Environmental Control and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, SCDNR has canceled, postponed or closed several programs and events.
Following are SCDNR-related cancellations:
- 2020 Turkey Lottery Hunts – all dates, all hunts on properties have been canceled
- SC Archery in the Schools Program State Championship (March 24-26)
- The Palmetto Sportsmen’s Classic (March 27-29)
- The Youth Bass Fishing Championship (March 27-28) – Postponed
- All in-person boater and hunter education classes are canceled until March 30.
- Coyote Management Workshop – Webb Wildlife Center (April 2-3)
- Fish Brosnan Forest Fishing Rodeo (April 4)
- Table Rock State Park Fishing Clinics (April 4 & April 18)
Diversity Outreach Program – Congaree Creek Heritage Preserve Nature Walk (April 11)
- Diversity Outreach Program – Volunteer Lab Day at Parker Annex Archaeology Center (April 13)
- SC Envirothon Competition (April 24) – Postponed
Blue Hole Recreation Area Fishing Rodeo (April 25) – Postponed
- Historic Camden, Kershaw County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- 8 Oaks Park, Georgetown County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- Charles Town Landing, Charleston County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- Blue Heron, Jasper County Fishing Rodeo (April 25)
- Barnwell County Fishing Rodeo (May 2)
- Diversity Outreach Program – Margaret H. Lloyd (Camden) Nature Hike (May 23)
- Sun City Grandparents Park Fishing Clinics (May 16, June 20, July 18)
- All volunteer lab days at Parker Annex Archaeology Center are canceled until further notice.
- All Trailer and Take One Make One (TOMO) events are canceled until further notice.
Following are SCDNR-related closures:
- The St. Stephen’s Fish Lift (Shad cam available)
- All SCDNR freshwater fish hatcheries (still operational, but closed to public)
- All SCDNR-managed shooting ranges
- U.S. Department of Energy has closed Crackerneck Wildlife Management Area and Ecological Reserve in Aiken County until further notice.
- Duke Energy has closed Bad Creek Hydro Project and Musterground Road in Oconee. The Oconee County access to the Jocassee Gorges is closed to vehicles. The gates will be locked until further notice. This also closes some vehicle access points to the Foothills Trail.
At this time, COVID-19 has not impacted season dates or regulations of upcoming hunting or fishing seasons.
Wildlife Management Areas, except Crackerneck, are open in accordance with their regular schedule.